Moving is a hassle, and a move across long distances is no easy task, especially when you have to have your car moved as well. However, for car relocation in Australia, you will find that with a little assistance from the right people, the process is surprisingly streamlined and straightforward.
Additionally, it’s good to know the basic preparations you need to make prior to handing over the car to the transportation company. Therefore, I invite you to continue reading to learn how you can prepare for an interstate move for your car.
Car Relocation Services • What You Need to Know
Start With The Basics
First, here are some tasks to read, prepare, and check off before you relocate your vehicle.
- Make sure that the car is in top working condition before handing it over.
- Be certain that your warning lights work.
- The car should have no major leaks that could lead to problems on the road.
- Ensure that you have a fully charged battery.
- Check the tire pressure to ensure that the tires are properly inflated.
- Check your owner’s manual for the right tire pressure.
- Remove all non-permanent car attachments.
- Lower your antennas.
- Make sure than canopies are either removed or are bolted down on trucks.
- Remove all loose items from the vehicle and make sure to clean both the interior and exterior of your vehicle.
- Cleaning your vehicle will make the relocation process easier on both you and the transportation company.
- Any items left in the car are not covered in case of loss by the transportation company.
- Items left in the car might cause damage to the interior of the car during transit.
- A clean car makes it easier to notice dents, scratches or stains during the auto transport preparation inspection.
- Check with your transport company to be sure the right amount of fuel is in the vehicle.
- Some stipulate no more than 1/4 tank at the time of transport, because of the safety hazard.
Check the Climate of Your Destination
You will also prepare your vehicle for the geographical location and subsequent climate of your destination. This includes preparing or weatherizing your vehicle with antifreeze or specialized windshield wipers. What’s more, it helps prevent damage en route or any trouble with operating it after it arrives at your new home.
Also, ensure that the vehicle will pass an emissions test which might be necessary at your new location. Depending on the requirements of these tests, you may even be able to complete this step before the vehicle is shipped. This step is important to avoid unpleasant surprises. So, be sure to check your insurance and licensing coverage to make sure that both are in order for the final destination.
Find A Reliable Car Relocation Service
It helps to shop around and find the most appropriate car relocation service for your needs. Make sure to contact at least three companies to get some estimates. Ask about how your vehicle will be transported, whether it will be dropped off right at your door, and how long the process will take.
Get the car inspected before handing it over to the relocation service to ensure you are covered in the event of a loss. Make a record of any existing damage to compare with the vehicle after it has been delivered. Often, transportation companies will offer some degree of insurance should anything unfortunate happen. However, you are also able to purchase additional coverage from an insurance company if this is not to your satisfaction.
With the right preparation and care, handing your vehicle over to the transportation company will be straightforward. Don’t make the process more stressful than it has to be and avoid any unpleasant damage or other surprises you could encounter along the way. With your vehicle safely on its way, you just need to say goodbye and look forward to getting to your new home.